2022 Winter Coaching Courses
The SBA will be conducting two Community Coaching Courses in time for the new SBA domestic season.
One will be held in the final week of Term #2 and one in the first week of Term #3.
The Community Coaching Courses are administered through Basketball Victoria and delivered through SBA Head Coaches Simon Giovannoni and Nathan Crosswell and are ideal for anyone new to coaching in the SBA domestic competitions.
The basics of basketball are covered off:
- Learning how your players learn and how to convey information to them in a way they are able to understand;
- How to promote a growth mindset for your players;
- How to use your time efficiently by structuring a training sessions for junior domestic players;
- Ball-handling, passing, shooting and lay-up drills for your teams;
- How to coach competitive situations and small-sided games;