Coaches & Officials
Community Coaching Courses are administered through Basketball Victoria and delivered through SBA Head Coaches Simon Giovannoni and Rachael Vanderwal and are ideal for anyone new to coaching in the SBA domestic competitions. We will be facilitating more Community Coaching Courses in Term 4 after the Melbourne Cup weekend. Please continue to check the SBA website and the Basketball Victoria website for upcoming course dates and times.
The basics are covered off:
- Learning how your players learn and how to convey information to them in a way they are able to understand;
- How to promote a growth mindset for your players;
- How to use your time efficiently by structuring a training sessions for junior domestic players;
- Ball-handling, passing, shooting and lay-up drills for your teams;
- How to coach competitive situations and small-sided games.
The accreditation process has changed to now include:
- 1 hour online component completed in the Basketball Australia portal with a certificate issued.
- 2 hours on court practical component with a further certificate issued.
You will be unable to attend the on court practical component if the online component has not been successfully completed.