As we approach the last round of the nail-biting NBL1 South 2023 season a few more teams have locked in a Top 8 finals position. The final round starts this Friday night, with a four-week finals series commencing the week after.
Sandringham Sabres Women
Five teams will compete for the remaining two spots in the Top 8.
- Sandringham have two games left to play against Frankston Blues and Melbourne Tigers. The highest they can finish is 6th
- If Sandringham win both games they will secure a finals spot with position potentially determined by head-to-head with Ringwood, provided Ringwood lose their game against Nunawading or Eltham, provided Eltham win both remaining games.
- Winning one game will give Sandringham 12 wins, potentially putting them in a head-to-head with either Diamond Valley or Eltham, unless Eltham win both their remaining games to determine if they secure a finals spot.
- With a loss in both games they can potentially be in a head-to-head with either Eltham or Diamond Valley and Dandenong, provided Dandenong win both theirs to determine if they secure a finals spot.
Sandringham Sabres Men (finals spot clinched)
- Sandringham have two games left to play against Frankston Blues and Melbourne Tigers.
- If Sandringham wins both games, they will move to second and potentially a head-to-head with Mt Gambier, provided Mount Gambier win both of their games.
- If Sandringham only beat Frankston they will be in a head-to-head with Frankston, provided Mount either lose or win both thier remaining games. If Mount Gambier split their weekend, there will be a three-way between them. It will come down to Saturday night’s result.
- If Sandringham only beat Melbourne the highest they can reach is 3rd. there situtation of head-to-head or a three-way will be determined by the Mount Gambier v. Eltham and Eltham v. Diamond Valley game.
- If Sandringham lose both games they risk potential head-to-head, three-ways or even a four-way including Mount Gambier, Eltham and Waverley.