NBL1 COACHING POSITION: EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The Southern Basketball Association is seeking Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified candidates for the following vacant senior coaching position:
- NBL1 Women
Southern Basketball Association is based in the bayside suburb of Cheltenham with upwards of 5,000 playing members.
The Southern Basketball Association Senior Women compete in NBL1.
Working closely with the SBA Head Coaches and SBA Management, the head coach of our NBL1 Women’s team will help set the program for an exciting new growth phase in the association’s history.
The successful candidate will be required to possess:
- A Working with Children’s Check;
- Minimum level 2 NCAS coaching accreditation;
- Confirmation of COVID-19 vaccination
- Exceptional basketball knowledge;
- Knowledge of basketball’s elite coach and player pathway in Victoria and throughout Australia;
- A desire to build a program with an emphasis on incorporating promising Sabres junior players;
- Ability to recruit players who align with SBA values;
- The ability to manage and develop coaching staff;
- Outstanding communication skills within a coaching and player development environment;
- Ability to create a professional culture that emphasises holistic development;
- Organised, adaptable and willing to work within the structure of the wider association;
- Skilful and astute motivator.
Please email your application including a covering letter with detailed coaching resume and an outline of your coaching philosophy to:
Women’s EOI to Simon Giovannoni
Applicants who are successful in obtaining an interview may be asked to make a presentation to SBA Head Coaches and CEO.
EOIs close: 15th of September 2022.