Marketing and Social Media Coordinator
Position Description – Marketing and Social Media Coordinator
Working directly with the CEO and Heads of Basketball, the Marketing and Social Media Coordinator will play an important role in supporting SBA’s marketing and engagement strategy. The role will lead all marketing and communications activities for the SBA with the intent of increasing brand awareness in the community, engagement amongst stakeholders (for example members, players and spectators) and game attendance for NBL1 and VYC competitions.
JOB TYPE: Full time
REPORTING TO: CEO
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage communications for the SBA on various social media platforms including the SBA website, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and TikTok.
- Establish a social media calendar
- Create engaging and interesting content for publication to promote, celebrate basketball for members and the local community
- Coordinate the production of the Sabres monthly newsletter
- Develop and maintain a corporate style guide for the SBA
- Develop project driven marketing material
- Maintain image library
- Respond to direct messages, mentions and comments where appropriate
- Develop and manage events and promotions as required, for example school holiday programs, The Cage and other offerings.
- Increase engagement across social media platforms
- Increased attendance at NBL1 and VYC home games
- Increased direct engagement with Member Clubs
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Sound technical knowledge of social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok)
- Some knowledge of managing any in-house digital platforms
- Knowledge of WordPress preferred
- Demonstrable experience in planning, creating and writing social media content
- Photography and video skills
- Attention to detail and excellent written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, Canva and scheduling software programs
- Application development project knowledge and experience is advantageous
PLEASE APPLY VIA E-MAIL TO
With a cover letter and your resume.